Stoked to announce details of the upcoming Spring Homebrew Comp 2016 with a Grand Tasting in Salinas at the Steinbeck Festival on May 7th.
Styles to be Judged
Light Hybrid Ales
– Cream Ale
– Blonde Ale
– American Wheat/Rye
American Double IPA
English Pale Ale
American Pale Ale
American Amber Ale
Special Category – See Details Below
Fruit Beer (any style)
• Each Entry: $7
• Only 1 entry per category per competitor. A competitor may enter beers in all categories, but not 2 beers in the same category. 2 bottles per entry are required. Entries must be submitted in standard capped amber 12oz or 22oz bottles with no distinct markings.
• Entries must have bottle ID label rubber banded to each bottle. Bottle ID label will be available for download soon.
• Bottle Entries will be due between April 20th-April 27th.
• Bottle drop off location: Bottoms Up Homebrew Supply
• Prizes will be awarded for Best of Show, Best Session IPA, Best Fruit Beer & People’s Choice.
• Winners will be notified prior to the Grand Tasting.
Play Pro Brewer for the Day – Beer Donors Wanted!
Do you enjoy how your homebrew puts a smile on people faces? Bring your competition beer to share at the grand tasting in Salinas on May 7th! There will be a chance to win some amazing prizes only for homebrewers donating homebrew at the event. Space is Limited. If this sounds like something you want to do here are the requirements.
• Homebrewers donating beer are also encouraged to brew a 5gl batch of Session IPA, Fruit Beer (Any Style) or both. These 2 beer styles will be judged the day of the grand tasting for beer glory and prizes. Only homebrewers bringing a competition beer to serve can enter this special category. Individual prizes will be awarded for Best Session IPA & Best Fruit Beer at the event.
• All homebrew brought to the event to partake in the grand tasting is up for Peoples Choice Award.
• Homebrewers donating beer to event will get Free Entry plus Complimentary Pass.
• Homebrewer and helper will receive complimentary lunch